How To Order For New Patient
How to Order For A Patient?
- Fax the following: Patient’s demographics.
- Measurement Form or Pump Order Form.
- Plan of care signed by the doctor.
- Completed Script signed by doctor.
- Signed Authorization For Release Of Medical Records & Hippa Acknowledge Form.
- How will patient receive product, store pickup, Therapist or Clinic or home.
We will contact the patient to discuss benefits and collect payment.
PLEASE PROVIDE CURRENT CONTACT INFORMATION FOR YOUR PATIENTS. PLEASE LET THE PATIENT KNOW THAT SOMEONE FROM STILL ME WILL BE CONTACTING THEM REGARDING THEIR ORDER. (If we can not reach the patient then that will cause a delay in the ordering process.)
Once the Formal Referral is Received
We contact the patient and review/collect the financial responsibilities for his/her medical products, explain the authorization process (if applicable) and verify placement of his/her orders for medical products as needed. For patients with Commercial Insurance or Medicare Secondary Insurance coverage for their products, they are billed for any deductible or coinsurance that may be due by the insurance company.
We obtain a Certificate of Medical Necessity from the referring physician if not faxed with the order. This certificate is then submitted to the insurance company for authorization (if applicable) and is used to file the claim for payment of the medical products.
What if the Compression Product does not fit, need a different compression or fabric?
Still Me Inc honors all the manufacturers’ return and remake policies at our expense. Lymphedema therapists prefer to measure their own patients. You’re already taking many of the same landmark measurements needed for compression products. You can measure your patients for the right products (READY TO WEAR or CUSTOM per patient condition) for successful home management of their Lymphedema and/or Chronic Venous Disease.
We appreciate your referrals and look forward to working with you!
If you need any help please reach out to your Compression Specialist:
In most cases, home use is recommended as an adjunctive treatment. Once contacted, we then work directly with the patient and their physician to obtain the needed prescription as well as documentation required by the insurance company. As experts in both private insurance and Medicare coverage, we work directly with insurance carriers.
As soon as you contact Still Me , we begin working for you. A full-time, Compression Therapy Consultant dedicated to serve your local area will be assigned to help:
- Provides forms– Once the patient’s diagnosis has been determined, Still Me provides the Rx forms with the Medicare approved causality for lymphedema and edema/wounds/ulcers caused by venous insufficiency. Office notes and patient demographics are needed to support the diagnosis and prescription, and if needed, the STILL ME representative will assist in completing this step.
- Work with the patient and doctor(s) in the approval process to build the case for authorization and show medical necessity. The authorization process may take as little as one day or as long as several weeks, depending on the coverage. Once authorized, the equipment is sent to the STILL ME local representative.
- Contact the patient and/or doctor’s office to arrange a time for the personal delivery of the device to the patient.
- Apply the device on the patient and perform a complete therapy session.
- Take measurements before and after therapyto establish a baseline and to further document medical necessity. A thorough explanation of the equipment and the process is performed and careful observation is made to assure comfort and proper performance of the therapy. Findings are documented and delivery is completed when the patient signs approval documentation.
- Send documentation of the therapy sessionto the doctor(s)’ office, with a copy on file at Still Me , as well as with the patient’s insurance company.
- Follow up with the patientto make sure that there are no questions about the therapy, the equipment or its effectiveness. Any problems are reported to the doctor(s) office.
Complete the form below or contact Still Me today at 225-273-1900 to schedule an in-service with a local Compression Therapy Consultant. We are dedicated to providing effective solutions for your patients and to making the process easy and efficient for your office.